Sexual harassment is probably the most sensitive and emotionally complex of workplace violations. Many victims find it difficult to assert their rights and determine what legal action should be taken. A sexual harassment attorney at Beverly Hills Law Corp. can approach your case with compassion and understanding to help you through this process.
There are two general types of workplace sexual harassment:
- ?Hostile Work Environment? sexual harassment
- This category of sexual harassment deals with physical, verbal, and visual sexual harassment. It includes unwanted physical contact, such as inappropriate touching, displaying sexually explicit/pornographic material to the victim, or making sexually-explicit comments to the victim.
- ?Quid Pro Quo? sexual harassment
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment is essentially a ?this for that? proposition, wherein a supervisor or manager demands sexual favors from the victim/employee as a condition of the employee?s continued employment or in exchange for a promotion or an increase in compensation for the employee.
If you feel that you have been victimized by sexual harassment in the workplace, you should take the following steps:
- Bring the matter to the attention of your employer?s Human Resource Manager. Be sure to file a formal complaint.
- Consult with a skilled employment attorney at Beverly Hills Law Corp., who can review the facts of your harassment and assert your legal rights during this difficult time.
- Of course, if you feel a crime has been committed against you, you?ll want to immediately report it to law enforcement.
If your employer fires you as a result of your sexual harassment complaint, you may also have a claim for retaliation and wrongful termination.
The employment attorneys at Beverly Hills Law Corp., PC handle all types of employment cases throughout the State of California and can help get justice for you.Back To All News